Consider the following………
- A healthy diet rich in fruits and veggies may reduce your risk of heart disease, including heart attack and stroke.
- Some fruits and veggies help protect against certain types of cancers, type 2 diabetes, and obesity when combined with an overall healthy diet.
- Most fruits and veggies are naturally low in fat and sodium.
- None have cholesterol.
- Most fruits and veggies contain a variety of vitamins and minerals.
- Many are good sources of fiber.
To learn more, check out the benefits of vitamins and minerals in the Vitamins and Minerals Guide.